The media industry has always been at the forefront of development. As a flexible structure, it follows a single-way rule - to develop or disappear. But it is not going to leave the top. Downloading, waiting, it seems these things have long been outdated. Users want to get the necessary information or services here and now. Today, livestreaming is becoming part of our modern reality, offering business owners truly active speedy platforms for their exciting goals. In this article, we will look in detail at how to create a video streaming website to meet modern customers’ needs.
AnyforSoft, as an experienced team with 10+years of development experience, knows how to create a video streaming website that can get into its video streaming niche and make a great user experience. But first, you need to know about streaming services. Many business owners feel confused because there are different types of streaming.
On-Demand Video Streaming
On-demand video streaming is ready-made and compressed content you can find at your request on different platforms. The video creator took this editing video and uploaded it to the hosting. Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime are three big examples.
Pre-Recorded Video Streaming
Pre-recorded video streaming means that a video was made, produced, and then uploaded to a video hosting platform. The giants pre-recorders are Youtube, Facebook, and Instagram. Pre-recorder video streaming stays in close connection with live streaming. Giant business owners understood that the live streaming function was a great idea to engage more audiences. Live streaming tips create more powerful client interaction and always mean “words to you in realtime”. So, what about live video streaming?
Live Video Streaming
Live video streaming is a great way to have real-time audience interaction. Your video can be recorded or just running but in real-time via live streaming platforms. Great examples of live streaming are Instagram Live, Facebook Live, YouTube Live, and Periscope, Twitch.
Imagine video streaming as a delivery service system. You pack the goods, put them in the car and deliver them to the customers. Video streaming works like this. However, if you demonstrate the packers, loaders, and transportation service work, your users will experience a high interest in creating a presence effect.
Pre-recorder and on-demand video streaming have strong potential in such extremely vital fields as education, entertainment, mass media, e-commerce, healthcare and sports, and others. Nevertheless, more than 90% of consumers agree that live streaming videos affect the brand with their engaging and credible power. So, creating a live video streaming website for your brand is an up-to-date approach.
Want to develop a new YouTube or Netflix? We are ready to help!
A live video streaming website is one of the main digital trends in 2021. We will show you enough examples where video streaming works with a bang.
The State of Video Marketing Report made up huge research about how live video affects productivity in different business areas. Those results are more than impressive:
- The use of video for marketing purposes has increased by more than 25% since 2016.
- 96% of people believe that live video content is most effective for explaining a product or service.
- More than 50% of users are searching for live video streaming content every day and these numbers are rapidly increasing every year.
- After using live video content customer support requests decreased by 43%.
The market for live video streaming is huge and will grow. According to the forecast, we can see its peak in 2027 with an estimated size of $ 184.3 billion. The main points of its growth according to the study will be the educational sphere, corporate web development, cosmetology and entertainment. Impressive, isn’t it?
Our Approach to Creating a Video Streaming Website
Live video streaming attracts the business owners to start their idea because of its significant pros:
The creation cost of a live video streaming website isn’t high,
Live video streaming platforms create a quick-react business response,
Quick start and the easy learning curve make it possible to start watching without any problems,
Your customers receive any device’s ability to start their engagement via live streaming.
So, how to add live streaming video to a website? Before dreaming about your future opportunities, you should pay attention to the right steps which are vital to follow for better visual solutions.
Let’s go to the first step!
Step 1. Identify your target audience
How to create a video streaming website like Youtube? AnyforSoft advises you not to compete with the giants of the market, but to create a unique product or service offer. A successful business project begins with market research and product concept creation.
First of all, think about the name of your service and domain. There are already a huge number of competitors on the market. How to stand out among them? We advise you to create simple, memorable titles that will impress your potential audience.
There are many options to launch a live streaming video that will be in demand:
- narrowly focused projects on telemedicine,
- businesses involving private legal / psychological / repair consultations,
- live room tours, training conferences, etc.
As you can see, this is a huge niche, from which there is really something to choose. Choosing your own direction is vital:
Decide on the launch market
Choose a strategy with great potential
Find a niche where the competitive environment is weak or a potentially necessary service is missing
Study your potential clients: who they are, where they live, what their needs are.
Having sorted out all the received data, go into action - learn how to make a video streaming website!
Step 2. Create a tech document
When you have an interesting idea and a potentially loyal audience, finding out how to make a live video streaming website is a matter of time. It is crucial at the initial stage to have your technical document, which will display the entire work plan with the results at each level, what specialists you will need to implement the idea, up to the design.
At Anyforsoft, we offer discovery phase project management help for you to receive proven high-quality technical expertise. If you don’t want to spend money at the initial stage and something goes wrong, you will pay twice. After all, if you get a low-qualified partner, you will not achieve results and your business costs will increase. When choosing your business partner, focus on proven resources: such as Clutch. Carefully read your potential cooperation partners' reviews and call the company personally to discuss the details.
Ready to start your Discovery Phase? Let’s discuss it!
Step 3. Pick your monetization model
When launching your streaming system, you should decide on a model that will allow earning money. There are the following monetization models:
- Subscription - you set the payment that needs to be made to your users (once a month, quarter, and year – the decision is up to you).
- Freemium - a model that allows your visitors the opportunity to receive free content, as well as exclusive material for a fee.
- Advertising - you can allow advertisers to place their content on your platform and make a profit.
- Adblocking - for users is a special feature that will allow your visitors to block all ads on your site for a fee.
But AnyforSoft advises you to treat the last two points with some caution. At the very beginning of a video streaming launch, they can scare away a loyal audience. Take advantage of these benefits when your target audience reaches a stable number.
Step 4. License your content
How to make your own video streaming website without legal consequences? Law compliance is no exception when you develop a video streaming website. The legal side of the issue should be the first step for your successful business. Our advice is to consult an experienced lawyer who will tell you about the pitfalls on the way to content implementation.
The second important step is to license your content. And here you should remember to comply with the copyright law, which you must not violate. If this is your authored content – then you need to patent it. If this is borrowed content, contact the copyright holders and discuss the cooperation terms. The correct observance of all copyrights is the right way to create a live video streaming website with a large number of loyal users. This approach can create a trusted image-based approach.
If you are aiming for a large scale and want to compete with the giants of the modern streaming industry, you will have to cooperate with American distributors: Motion Picture Licensing Corporation (MPLC) or SWANK Motion Pictures. However, it is worth remembering that large scales require serious costs. To take off and stay in a competitive environment, the amounts will be in the millions.
Step 5. Choose functionality and design
You should decide how to create a live video streaming website in terms of provided functionality and make it on a case-by-case basis. Creating a live video streaming website that will combine the right choice of three main components like video encoder, video server and player, isn’t easy. If you don’t have enough experience with these website requirements, problems may happen.
Now your task is to determine the type of live video streaming website you want and what functionality you need for a positive user experience. Let's start with the user types:
Having decided on the roles in your live video streaming site, you need to choose the most available functionality. But don’t overdo it! Let's take a look at a list of essential features based on our video streaming website template:
Naturally, your live streaming channel functionality can include various features. You just need to understand what vital is and how to develop a live video streaming website that is comfortable for both parties.
When you think about creating your own live video streaming website, you need to think about its design. When creating it, you need to rely on such important points as:
- Unique style – if you want to build a website with video streaming, you need a special approach to the style that meets the users' expectations. Here we need a special unique approach to individual cases.
- Versatility – in today's world, you need to get the same quality content on any device, whether it's a phone, tablet, or laptop/desktop.
- User experience – is an important component in planning. Your loyal visitor gets access to the desired actions with a properly designed UX.
Step 6. Find a reliable business partner or DIY
Here you have to solve the main question of how to create your own live video streaming website with a well-qualified business partner or by your own. Take a closer look at these two options.
Let's say you have decided to build video streaming website yourself. What pros and cons will you get?
- Full freedom of action (create, modify, test)
- Hire developers/team and manage the platform as you want
- Full responsibility for the result, you rely only on yourself
- The risks are great because the process may run a long time and your niche will already be taken by someone else
- High risks of getting low-quality developers due to the lack of experience in performing interviews
- No opportunities to take "extra people to the team" to solve complex solutions (for example, if you want to change something in your project)
- You can fail deadlines, stumble on difficult decisions and not find a way out.
- Lack of technical expertise from trusted experts
- You are alone with yourself and your problems, without the support of an experienced team
Let's suppose you decided to build video streaming website with a proven experienced team. What will you get?
- High-quality technical expertise and experienced developers.
- Ready-made solutions and concepts to work with.
- Constant support from your cooperation partners and an open dialogue if difficulties arise.
- Delegated responsibility for your product. You can be actively engaged, for example, in the marketing strategy of your future live video streaming website, or start looking for new ways to invest.
- Fewer expenses in the long run - you will spend more money on the project at the beginning, but you have minimal risks of going over your budgets in the end.
Our Tech Stack for Developing Video Streaming Websites
If you are ready to start, AnyforSoft will help you. As a proven web development leader since 2011, we offer time-tested technologies to support your business goals.
- Drupal (any version)
Our project-based team is ready to create your tech expertise and build video streaming website with proven experience and custom solutions. We also provide a full range of digital and publishing software development. But if you have already started your website without us and the dedicated developer is what you extremely need – we will also help!
What Businesses Benefit the Most from Video Streaming
Live video streaming is not just an effective way to promote your brand, but a modern platform for interactive communication, which is simply necessary in today’s world. Live video streaming websites are used in various industries:
- Legal protection,
- Psychological help,
- Sports and news,
- Repair services,
- Beauty commerce,
- Traveling: outdoor and indoor tours…in every single field you can use it every day. Moreover, we can say that live video streaming is running the business world.
Let's see why video streaming is so popular and what commercial benefits you can get from real-life stats:
- Benefit Cosmetics Weekly on Thursdays at 16.00, an American cosmetics company, has a fascinating show called Tipsy Tricks. Its participants and presenters give useful tips on self-care and answer questions from viewers' lives.
- The Japanese brand Nissan also widely practices live video streaming. Not so long ago, it pleased the fans with a new Maxima sedan, demonstrating the model as part of a live broadcast of the auto show in New York.
- On the page of the carmaker Lincoln On Twitter, its design director David Woodhouse "on camera" talked about the brand's modern concept.
- In a video streaming video from Adidas, soccer star James Rodriguez signs a collaboration contract with the famous sportswear giant.
- Facebook conducted a visual study together with the beauty company Mary Kay. During the live video streaming on the Facebook page, the cosmetics company attracted over 77,000 viewers. A recorded video without a live broadcast gets an average of up to 40 thousand views.
- Nestlé went even further: instead of streaming mundane videos of the office and employees, the company invited its fans from around the world to eat ice cream live. According to the company's brand manager, this rapprochement with the consumer increased customer confidence and significantly affected sales.
Creating your own live video streaming website is a great opportunity to push your customers into the real-life effect world with lots of benefits. Today live Net communication brings to the business owners a blend of modern technologies to create something powerful and exciting. Don’t hesitate! You can connect your website to the digital video streaming trend and get more interaction with your audience.