Prefer video over text? Check our article's short summary:
Another critical factor is the relevance of your content. The testing process may take a different time, depending on the chosen methods, depth and criteria. To keep your customers and users loyal, you should also monitor how appropriate the information about your services or products is. Check the facts carefully, provide links to statistics, and be on trend, but always with solid arguments – this is the only way you will maintain the position of an expert in your customers' eyes. Google Analytics will help you to be aware of all critical information about your website.
All Customers Accessibility
Accessibility testing allows for identifying barriers in the website's design, navigation, content, or structure that limit interaction with it for people with disabilities. So, when it comes to this stage, you need to check the following:
- All website images should have the appropriate resolution. Zoom out of the pictures to see whether they are readable or not.
- Check whether the audio content works well.
- Provide all the alternatives to visual and auditory content (all images have meaningful ‘alt’ tags and comprehensive descriptions).
- Check for captions. You need to make sure every caption is descriptive and available.
- Access your website with the help of your keyboard (without the mouse).
Security: Testing the Website for Vulnerabilities
Your website quality assurance checklist won't be complete without security testing. It is the key to the reliability of the entire site. The primary purpose of security testing is to test for vulnerability to different attacks. Often, to carry out such a check, it is necessary to simulate an attack from a malicious source and assess the website's security level.
- Test SSL security features;
- Make sure that unauthorized access to the protected web pages is impossible;
- Check the correctness of the captcha using automatic scripts;
- Make sure that if the username and password are entered incorrectly, the user is not allowed into the system;
- Test if all errors and hacking attempts are logged and saved in a separate file (necessary for further analysis).
One more initial thing you should include in your web quality assurance checklist is regression testing, which ensures that existing functionality has not been affected by changes implemented to your code. In other words, this stage checks whether the introduction of a new one has not disrupted the operation of existing functions. That is, the QA engineer contains the new option and all the existing ones for correct operation.
The algorithm of its work, as a rule, consists of several steps: preliminary analysis of the changes made, search for areas that could be affected, a compilation of a set of test cases, and regression testing. Based on the results, a report on bugs is drawn up, if they are found, they are eliminated and the website is re-checked. Regression testing is carried out until bugs are entirely eliminated.
Website SEO Optimization Quality Assurance
SEO optimization is a critical stage of a website QA process. It would be best to take care of the search engine visibility because it depends on whether potential users and customers will see your high-quality content. The truth is that there is no one QA strategy for reviewing SEO website optimization, but there are a few general steps that can be applied to almost every web page. The first thing you need to do is to check all titles, tags, and meta descriptions. They should be short, informative, and include a few keywords. To conduct proper search engines optimization QA testing, you can use the following guide:
- URLs: both search engines and users have to understand where the link leads;
- Page content: outgoing or broken links, keywords, spelling, images and alternative 'alt' signatures to them, and even the proper work of social sharing buttons – everything matters and affects the quality of the content on the page;
- Page source: titles, meta descriptions, tags and everything that falls into this category should be in place, including analytics and tracking codes (working properly, of course);
- Technical SEO: check for crawl errors, mobile-friendliness, security, and page speed;
- Content: uniqueness, depth of topic and research, readability, use of media materials, etc. - make the content not only catchy but also high ranking.
The importance of SEO for a site is a well-known fact, however, the implementation of best practices must be done wisely and with each site’s characteristics in mind. Therefore, it is crucial to select the essential elements and implement them correctly and conduct timely Quality Assurance sessions.
Almost at any stage of the QA process, you can initiate user testing – a specific form of software testing, ensuring users will get the product they expect. Mostly you'll get a review about the website's performance in such categories as loading time, user experience, and customer-friendliness; users also check mandatory fields or single pages. While it is not a part of professional testing, it is an essential step to a successful product.
It is crucial to start your quality assurance testing before your clients may notice flaws that will affect their choices. We are confident that high-quality QA testing is impossible without well-coordinated teamwork and an experienced vendor. Sometimes you may need multiple QA rounds and different testing types to make your website work. It is challenging to effectively cope with all the flaws and quickly fix them on your own. To upgrade your website, you should find a professional cooperation partner (Eastern Europe is a viable choice).
We hope this QA checklist for a website will be helpful for you and you'll be able to explore your site. However, if you are ready to test your website, we can offer you a product development team that really cares about the result and can maintain the quality of your product. We use various testing approaches to build individual QA strategies for each client and conduct different types of testing, including performance testing, functional testing, security testing, etc. Feel free to contact our manager and discuss details.