Another important factor is the relevance of your content. To keep your customers and users loyal to you, you should also monitor how appropriate the information about your services or products is. Check the facts carefully, provide links to statistics, be in trend, but always with strong arguments - this is the only way you will maintain the position of an expert in your customers' eyes.
All Customers Accessibility
Accessibility testing allows identifying barriers in the design, navigation, content, or structure of the website that limit interaction with it for people with disabilities. So, when it comes to this stage, you need to check the following:
- All images should have the appropriate resolution. Zoom out of the images to see whether they are readable or not.
- Check whether the audio content works well.
- Pay attention to the color choice. If you want to create a visually pleasing design, you have to check whether your color choices harmonize.
- Provide all the alternatives to visual and auditory content (all images have meaningful ‘alt’ tags and comprehensive descriptions).
- Check for captions. You need to make sure every caption is descriptive and available.
- Access your website with the help of your keyboard (without the mouse)
You can find more techniques and tips for increasing the website's accessibility in our guide 'Web Accessibility: 6 Tips to Make Your Website Accessible'.
Security: Testing the Website for Vulnerabilities
This check is the key to the reliability of the site. The main purpose is to test for the vulnerability to different attacks. Often, to carry out such a check, it is necessary to simulate an attack from a malicious source, and then assess the website's security level.
- Test SSL security features;
- Make sure that unauthorized access to the protected pages is impossible;
- Check the correctness of the captcha using automatic scripts;
- Make sure that if the username and password are entered incorrectly, the user is not allowed into the system;
- Test if all errors and hacking attempts are logged and saved in a separate file (this is necessary for further analysis).
Regression testing allows to ensure that existing functionality has not been affected by changes implemented to your code. In other words, this stage checks whether the operation of existing functions has not been disrupted by the introduction of a new one. That is, the QA engineer checks not only the new function but also all the existing ones for correct operation.
The algorithm of its work, as a rule, consists of several steps: preliminary analysis of the changes made, search for areas that could be affected, a compilation of a set of test cases, and regression testing. Based on the results, a report on bugs is drawn up, if they were found, they are eliminated and the website is being re-checked. Regression testing is carried out until bugs are completely eliminated.
Website SEO Optimization Quality Assurance
SEO optimization is a critical stage of a website QA process. The truth is that there is no one QA strategy for reviewing SEO website optimization, but there are a few general steps that can be applied to almost every web page. The first thing you need to do is to check all titles, tags, and meta descriptions. They should be short, informative, and include a few keywords. To conduct proper SEO QA testing you can use the following guide:
- URLs: both search engines and users have to understand where the link leads;
- Page content: outgoing links, keywords, spelling, images and alternative 'alt' signatures to them, and even the proper work of social sharing buttons - everything matters and affects the quality of the content on the page;
- Page source: titles, meta descriptions, tags and everything that falls into this category should be in place, including analytics and tracking codes (and work properly, of course);
- Technical SEO: check for crawl errors, mobile-friendliness, security, page speed;
- Content: uniqueness, depth of topic and research, readability, use of media materials, etc. - make the content not only catchy but also high ranking.
The importance of SEO for a site is a well-known fact, however, the implementation of best practices must be done wisely and with each site’s characteristics in mind. Therefore, it is so important not only to select the key elements, but to implement them correctly, and conduct timely Quality Assurance sessions.
It is crucial to start your website quality checking before your clients may notice flaws that will affect their choices. We are confident that a high-quality QA test is impossible without well-coordinated teamwork and an experienced vendor. Sometimes you may need multiple QA rounds to make your website work. It is challenging to effectively cope with all the flaws and quickly fix them on your own. You should find a professional cooperation partner (Eastern Europe is a viable choice) to upgrade your website.