The statistics for Node usage in Google Trends:
So the fundamental question is: what is special about Node.js? What is its contribution to app development?
What Is Node.JS and Why it Attracts Technology Leaders
Current software tools allow creators to use cutting-edge solutions. The main thing is that the code works correctly even in outdated browsers.
The Node can be used as a programming language to write external and internal code for JS apps. This minimizes code duplication amid server and browser and dramatically reduces development time.
All built-in Node.js functionality is split into separate packages or modules. A module represents a block of code that can be reused in other modules. The engine uses an event-driven and non-blocking I/O model. Thus, it is perfect for creating contemporary solutions based on web-sockets, event queues, and microservices.
This allows many concurrent loops of connection events to be supported. Data is output in large batches, so applications do not suffer from buffering
These are based on Node.js:
- Single Page Application (SPA). NodeJS can create SPAs that are indistinguishable from desktop applications. It is good for building social media, dynamic sites, and email solutions.
- Chatbots. Node.js offers exclusive advanced features for real-time applications and chatbots.
- IoT apps. NodeJS is known for its ability to successfully handle concurrent requests from one million devices on its network.
- Backend for social networks. Node.js provides incredibly fast V8 routing along with secure authentication.
- Streaming data. Node.js handles files at super-fast speeds and also ensures easy coding and uploading. This is appreciated by many online fashion stores and video streaming apps.
Companies searching for instruments to develop responsive apps will appreciate the tandem of Node.js and Reactjs. The advantages of it include a few thousands of libraries, the effectiveness of the simplified model, and the support of the NodeJS React community.
What Is ReactJS and Why Is It So Special?
ReactJS is a client side environment that manipulates the frontend based on the current state of the app. It is often used as a V in MVC because it uses fast virtual DOM. This simplified programming model provides improved performance. For example, this perspective technology is involved to display a news feed during a chat.
React is intended for use in the browser, but it can be rendered on the server as well. ReactJS's data and component templates help support complicated apps.
An innovation of React is component composition. And the components should work well together, even if written by different people. Components describe behavior that can be composited. This idea also extends to rendering, lifecycle, and state. The ability to split the app into separate modules allows you to think over the architecture of the app. It will be more resistant to changing requirements, and will also allow to divide the work among IT specialists.
Fundamental characteristics of React.js
Let's find out what the power of React.js is all about:
- Easy maintenance. React.js reuses components of a system and will update and display only what is needed when the data changes.
- Productivity. Virtual DOM improves application performance.
- The stability of the code. React ensures excellent performance of the code thanks to downstream data flow.
- Advanced developer toolbox. React JS provides all the necessary debugging tools for the convenience of mobile application developers. With the help of design patterns, it is easy to create an interface for applications on Android and iOS platforms.
Can I Use NodeJS With ReactJS and in What Cases?
Our team prefers to use Node.js along with ReactJS to create ergonomic interface components. ReactJS' code can run right in the NodeJS environment. The React DOM library has a special component for working with Node. It simplifies rendering and using generic/isomorphic apps.
Node vs React: A Minimal Code Ecosystem
Comparing Node and React with each other is not entirely appropriate. These are completely different things. The choice is dictated solely by your business need.
Here's what our developers have to say:
- If your goal is a complex, scalable server-side app, such as a real-time streaming platform, opt for Node.JS.
- If you need a stateful product with dynamic input, buttons, etc., React.js is a perfect choice.
In our opinion, combining these two can do miracles and save work hours. It is an effective solution for startups and complex ecosystems of leading enterprises. Using the tandem of React vs Node will move your app to the highest level.
Best-Known Projects Built with React+Node
You can safely use both technologies in web applications. The frontend can be written with React and NodeJS, a server-side environment, just like Netflix did.
Node.js has caught the attention of a variety of companies for a reason. The top businesses did a critical and important analysis before switching to Node.js. Netflix chief engineer Yunong Xiao says his choice was influenced by a significant reduction in launch times. Amazon chose Node.js for its futuristic characteristics.
This cloud service involved Node.js backend. Trello finds Node convenient for updates that need to have many open connections.
Node.js has enhanced LinkedIn performance by 20×. They reduced the number of servers from 30 to 3, lowered memory costs, and focused on application development rather than troubleshooting.
This online streaming giant chose Node.js for its rapidity and lightness. It helped Netflix to cut launch times by 70%.
React is a perfect tool for creating interactive interfaces for sites and applications. Many of Facebook's dynamic elements are built with React.js.
Want to integrate React&Node in your following project? The increase in the number of large-scale projects developed with React JS suggests that it is the future of web apps. So, we are actively introducing this technology when developing new projects. Our team has solid experience in developing projects in ReactJS and NodeJS and is ready to invest all this experience and enthusiasm in your product. With us, you will achieve an amazing outcome and significant gain in productivity. Reach out with your project idea.